Who We Are
"Interim Healthcare Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is to assist those who are coping with terminal illness, death, and the process of grief and bereavement and to support and fund programs and services by organizations and individuals, which promote the ideals and principles of hospice care to the patients and families served by hospice."
-Interim Healthcare Foundation, Inc.
Interim Healthcare Foundation promotes and supports end-of-life care and services through community education, fund-raising, prudent management of funds and conscientious disbursement of scholarships to patients in financial crisis.
The hospice concept includes offering patients and family members specialized knowledge of medical care, spiritual and emotional support. The purpose or Interim Healthcare Foundation, Inc. is to:
- Advance the hospice concept of care for individuals facing end-of-life
- Promote an understanding among health care professionals of the needs and resources available to patients and families and fund scholarships when possible
- Promote education for the general public pertinent to the hospice concept
- Sponsor educational programs on end-of-life care for medical and health care professionals
- Give financial assistance to families whose needs fall outside the realm of hospice care
Hospice care emphasizes comfort measures and counseling to provide social, spiritual and physical support to the dying patient and his/her family members.
"….is that every person and family in our service area faced with an end-of-life illness would be aware of and have access to dignity, comfort and compassion in an environment of their choice."
"…is to transform dying into the final act of living life. We are dedicated to improving end-of-life care for people in the communities we serve."
Interim Healthcare Foundation, Inc. is a charitable organization whose mission is to advance hospice care. The foundation was incorporated in 2011. The Foundation has a board of directors comprised of leaders in business, law, education, healthcare and community service. These dedicated individuals oversee the activities of the Foundation. Each director brings an important perspective to helping the Foundation fulfill its mission.